• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: These games today are phenomenal

#227048 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man. Even though I only met you once, I worry about you. Go get those ribs checked. Now that I got that out of the way, some observations about yesterdays game. If you are up by 7 points with less then two minutes left in a game, how can you let a wide reciever get closer to the end zone then any defender? Also, Denver played so conservatively yesterday. Instead of playing to win, it looked like they were playing not to lose. Never a good approach. If you have Payton Manning at QB and the kind of quality recievers that Denver has, becoming dependant on a run game that is gaining two yards a carry made no sense. As a Jets fan (sad but true), the Jets sure made a mess of the whole Tebo thing. Which leads to one last observation (about football). Last year, Tebo led the Broncos into the AFC finals. This year, Maning couldn't. What's wrong with this picture.
As a NY sports fan (did I mention how sad this is?), there is one other x Denver player that making me wonder. Whats up with Melo waiting for Kevin Garnett outside of the team bus. Melo has some serious skills, but if he going to let people get under his skin the way he does, this idea that the Knicks can do anything in the playoffs is far fetched. If Garnett made a nasty comment about his wife, settle it up on the court. To approach someone getting on the team bus is not going to accomplish much, except get you suspended for the next game. Hopefully Melo can learn from this and do better, but the learning curve is steep here.
Since no one seems to want Tebo as a QB, perhaps he can join the Knicks and become Melo's presonal protector.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#227056 1 year, 9 months ago
Yep I agree with you Dave! They were playing scared. Taking a knee with 31 seconds still left on the clock and 2 time outs and Manning?? WTF???
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#227061 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Yep I agree with you Dave! They were playing scared. Taking a knee with 31 seconds still left on the clock and 2 time outs and Manning?? WTF???

That was crazy, I didn't understand that one all!!

I think Peyton and Aaron need to take each other out for a drink now so they can convince each other it's worth coming back next year after those ugly interceptions they both threw. They have to be a couple of dejected veterans today, poor guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, nycdave
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#227082 1 year, 9 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
wlewis wrote:
keith whats the deal against NE?

you gotta root for gronkowski!!

I cant pull for the Patriots, Jets, or Dolphins. They are the Bills rivals. It was drilled into my head as a child. If only Gronk played for Buffalo. We need some homegrown talent.

yeah they "educated" me the same way in buffalo. after 4 super bowl losses i found new interests.

gronk is the man. him and his brothers are extremely talented athletes. i played sports with them growing up and they were animals from the get go. you knew they were going to dominate in something later in life. you can't help but want for him to be with a team that will take him somewhere though. all he did was play football and knew he was going to be in the NFL way back then.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#227095 1 year, 9 months ago
Holy smokes Dm... didn't you know attending fottball games is NOT a contact sport? Hope you are feeling better. painkillers or bust ....on another note I am stealing this line because I found it pretty damn funny. Peyton Manning gives away playoff games like he gives away Papa Johns Pizza Best regular season QB ever... playoffs not so much.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#227138 1 year, 9 months ago
Well voodoo didn't work. I'm thinking about witchcraft next week but I'm having trouble locating a donkey testicle and a lock of Brady's hair. Gronk is the shit for sure but New England has him locked up for 5 more years.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227146 1 year, 9 months ago
How about the damn Falcons game today. I told my honey Heather when it was 27-7 at the half,"watch Seattle come back". I read an intersting SI article yesterday written by a lifelong Falcons fan speaking of all their "near misses"

30 (THIRTY)seconds left, FG wins the game,
I have family in hot "Lanta who are caught up in "Falcon Fever"

-- smell every flower --
dannyjohnshon
Visitor

#227184 1 year, 9 months ago
sometime gonna be different
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#227219 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
The Patriots losing tomorrow can make it all better.

Hey, the Patriots are my next fall-back team now that the Lions and Packers are out. Go Brady, Go!!

I still cannot wrap my mind around how a Lion fan's second favorite team is the Packers. Sorry but that doesn't even make sense.

Like neverstop not liking the Patriots when you are a Bills fan, yeah hello duh!!

I hate to say it but Denver was looking right past Baltimore and were already preparing for New England. You lose every time you do that. The refs were terrible but I don't like blaming a loss on them especially when the defense plays that shitty the whole game. Damn it was cold, second coldest game in Bronco history or something I heard? Then to cap off my already shit week I got tackled in the stands right after the punt return for a TD, like a couple of minutes into the game and I am pretty sure I broke some ribs, so I stood there for 5 and 1/2 quarters in 0 degree weather hurting badly watching my team choke to the murderer Ray Lewis. I am debating if I should go to the ER this morning. Fuggin unbelievable... At least it was fun watching GB get obliterated, just hope Houston can avenge their earlier loss to NE today... doubt it will happen but it would be fun to see...

Thanks man. I appreciate that. That will cost you some karma points . Champ Bailey needs to retire. Gave up two long tds. + should have been a third if it wasn't for Flacco over throwing his receiver. Yea, the Packs defense sucks. That was unacceptable. Thank goodness for shows looming on the horizon. Take care DM. See you next month.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#227301 1 year, 9 months ago
all I can say is on saturdays games that the jets were not in man mike would have been flippin !!!! I am happy for the ravens I love ray lewis !!!! mr intensity !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 1.63 seconds